About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Journal of Game, Game Art and Gamification is a double blind peer-reviewed journal.The Journal is broadly multidisciplinary, publishing works focusing on all aspects of games.The Journal is published biannually in English. biannually in English (in June and December).Acceptable contributions include original research articles, best practice reports, and proposals for special issues. All contributions will be double-blind peer-reviewed according to appropriate criteria.
1. AI applications for serious games
2. Alternate reality games
3. Animation for serious games and virtual worlds
4. Artifacts and art with purpose
5. Augmented reality
6. Case studies in serious games and virtual worlds
7. Experimental serious games design
8. Game AI and artificial life
9. Game art
10. Game-based learning, edutainment and training
11. Game design
12. Games for health, well-being and exercise
13. Games for social innovation & change
15. Human-computer interaction
16. Mobile games
17. Multimedia gaming
18. Non digital games
19. Pervasive gaming
20. Serious game art
21. Serious game analytics
22. Serious game assessment
23. Serious game evaluation
24. Serious games design
25. Serious game development
26. Serious games methodologies
27. Serious game playtesting
28. User-modelling in serious games
29. Virtual characters
30. Virtual environments
31. Virtual reality
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
We are committed to prompt evaluation and publication of fully accepted papers the Journal of Game, Game Art, and Gamification (JGGAG). To maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous double-blind peer review process (more information please see our guideline). Characteristics of the double-blind peer review process are as follows:
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
- Manuscripts with contents outside the scope will not be considered for review.
- Author need to submit the Title Page containing the Authors details and Blinded Manuscript with no author details as 2 separate files.
- Papers will be refereed by at least 2 experts as suggested by the editorial board.
- Both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
- In addition, Editors will have the option of seeking additional reviews when needed. Authors will be informed when Editors decide further review is required.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editors-in-Chief on the basis of the referees' reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
- All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Board of Reviewing Editors and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material as well.
- Editors and reviewers involved in the review process should disclose conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors, and remove oneself from cases in which such conflicts preclude an objective evaluation. Privileged information or ideas that are obtained through peer review must not be used for competitive gain.
- Our peer review process is confidential and identities of reviewers cannot be revealed.
This Journal of Game, Game Art, and Gamification (JGGAG) will be published twice a year on every June and December
Open Access Policy
This Journal of Game, Game Art, and Gamification (JGGAG) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Statement on Scientific Misconduct
JGGAG only publishes original work not published elsewhere. All submissions will be checked for plagiarism and may be rejected on this basis, regardless of the quality of science. JGGAG considers plagiarism to be the use of others’ published and unpublished results or writing without proper attribution or permission and presenting these works as original. JGGAG also considers the submission of writing that the authors have published previously elsewhere in whole or in part as plagiarism. Furthermore, the Editorial Board does not tolerate the fabrication of data and subsequent misrepresentation of such data as original research results.
The intent of plagiarism is to mislead the reader to believe the ideas presented are the authors’ own. This serves as a form of scientific misconduct and is not tolerated by the Editors of JGGAG.
The JGGAG work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License as a Free Culture License
Under this Free Culture License, it allows people to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The Journal Games, Game Art, and Gamification is published by:
The Journal Games, Game Art, and Gamification is sponsored by the following organization:
Sources of Support
We would like to thank the following organizations for theis support: