The Effects of Management Information System toward Decision Making in Food and Beverage Service Department in X Resorts and Hotels Bandung
Keywords:sistem information, decision making, hotel, resort
In an organization, decision making hold an important role. That is why a decision made by managers should be a final decision that should be done by their subordinates or those who are related with the organization. In the effort to increase the quality of management information system, a research was held in X Resorts and Hotels Bandung to analyze management information system in the relation to decision making especially in Food and Beverage Service Department and recommendation of how to handle the problem occurred. From the questioner with data analyzing technique of spearman rank gained correlation result 0,84, with determination coefficient 71% which means the management information system has 71% level of influence to decision making, meanwhile the rest of the result (29%) shows other factors, which also were related with the decision making other than management information system. To solve with the problem, it is recommended that X Resorts and Hotels decrease the level of information product error in management information used and fasten the delivery of provided information.
Efendy, P. D. (1996). Sistem Informasi Manajemen. Bandung: Mandar Maju CV.
Koontz, H. W. (2008). Essential of Management 7th Edition. New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill.
O'Brien, J. A. (2005). Pengantar Sistem Informasi. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.
Sugiyono. (2007). Metode Penelitian Administrasi. Bandung: Alfabeta CV.
Sugiyono. (2009). Metode Penelitian Bisnis. Bandung: Alfabeta CV.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
a. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License - Share Alike that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
c. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike (CC BY-SA)